Director, Manufacturing Operations
San Jose, CA
Full-time – Exempt
REQ # 1277
Oversee management of all areas of Manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives
Key Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities of this Position:
· Enforce and ensure a safe working environment.
· Oversee weekly safety audits in the Fab and work on corrective actions.
General Operations :
· Assist company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
· Performance Management of Shift Supervisors, Operations Technicians, Process Engineers and Equipment Maintenance Technicians.
· Assure that the Operation is completely compliant to SVTC SPC standards.
· Production planning to maximize quality moves 24x7
· Assure process tooling is operating at CMOS standards.
· Improve tool availability through Maintenance and Process Engineering personnel and resolve tool or line down situations by setting priorities.
· Work with Supply Chain Management to ensure correct material stocking levels (wafers, resist etc.).
· Customer satisfaction through occasional interface and action item follow up.
· Manage weekly payroll and Overtime for direct labor in Fab.
· Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate
· Mange Fab related costs (material, man, machine)
· Work closely with Quality Dept. to assure a world class operation
· Work with the Planning Dept. on inputs and validation of the capacity model.
· Responsible for all ISO audit related activity in Operations.
· Represent Operations in Customer weekly meetings
· Ensure training and specification correctness for entire Fab Operations.
Attributes Required to be Successful:
· Ability to:
o Continually improve tool availability.
o Proactive improvement of the Operation through stringent SPC enforcement
o Provide customer satisfaction by ensuring effective communication with on and off site customers
o Drive operational metrics including moves over inventory, problem lot disposition times, on time delivery and mechanical line yield.
o Maintain and manage Inventory levels in Fab for Production wafers.
o Decide priorities for shift Maintenance based on Production line requirements.
o Learn and understand the Fab300 MES system and work with the IT team to improve MES system functionality.
· 15+ years of experience in a similar wafer production Fab environment, with 5+ years of management experience
· Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
Other Desired Attributes (Not required):
· BA/BS in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or higher, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
· Experience with ITAR compliance
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Familiarity with Fab300 or Workstream a plus.
Special Physical Requirements or Restrictions?
· Should spend up to 50% of time in the cleanroom.
· No travel is required for this position.
· No relocation assistance will be provided
· No visa assistance provided for this position
For further information, please visit http://www.source4talent.com/s4tjobssvtc/ and click on Req#1277
*Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
SVTC maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements.
Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle.
SVTC does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved
suppliers will be considered unsolicited and SVTC will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.