Etch Development Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
REQ # 1285
Supports R&D and Production for technologies specific to SVTC customer programs. These include, but are not limited to MEMS, ASIC, Biotechnology, and Defense.
Key Duties/ Tasks/ Responsibilities:
1) Plasma Etch Development Lead on Customer Projects
2) Data Analysis and Report Generation
3) Manage project deliverables to ensure successful completion of customer milestones
4) Proactively identify risks and solve process development issues
Attributes Required to be Successful:
· Interpersonal Skills - Work well with customers and teams of engineers, operators, and technicians.
· Communication Skills - Able to communicate effectively in a customer service environment. Understand Intellectual Property with respect to content and audience per SVTC provided training is a must.
· Technical Skills - Plan, lead, and carry out demonstrations of new etch technology, including chemistry research for etch of novel films, design of experiments, and process windowing. Requires dual damascene, low-k dielectrics, poly gate, dual-metal gate, and deep Si etch process technology development with direct hands-on experience. Requires deep knowledge of advanced semiconductor processing, integration, and experience in hard mask selection, trim etch, selectivity tuning, and photoresist removal. Transfer newly developed processes to manufacturing while creating appropriate controls and monitoring, during ramp from concept to volume. Support Operations with day-to-day lot disposition and equipment maintenance as required.
· Professional Skills - nowledge of SPC and other FAB quality systems. Knowledge of project planning, design of experiment, and scheduling. Able to generate reports using Excel, Word, or PowerPoint and to present orally at meetings (in person or teleconference)..
· Other Attributes - Needs to be courteous to customers and be able to react to events in a professional customer-facing manner. Must be a curious, self-starting, motivated, hard-working and technically-oriented, with a competitive entrepreneurial spirit.
· Demonstrated experience and ability to complete the Key Tasks, plus:
· PhD +10yrs experience or M.S. with >15yrs experience with plasma etch development
Special Physical Requirement:
Will wear a full smock/bunny suit and work in a clean room. Should not be allergic to latex gloves
Other Special Conditions/Requirements:
· Travel? No
· Relocation? No
· Special physical requirements (e.g. glasses, ear plugs)? Safety glasses required while working.
· Visa sponsorship available for this position? No
For further information, please visit http://www.source4talent.com/s4tjobssvtc/ and click on Req# 1285
*Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
SVTC maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements.
Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle.
SVTC does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved
suppliers will be considered unsolicited and SVTC will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.