Optoelectronic Integration Engineer (Principal / MTS)
San Jose CA
Full-time – Exempt
REQ # 1299
1) Technical Lead on customer projects
2) Product Flow Generation
3) Data Analysis and Report Generation
4) Project Planning/ Scheduling
• The candidate will serve as an integration engineer in the integration group responsible for developing and executing project plans that demonstrate concept and feasibility of new optoelectronic devices and technology with established manufacturing tools and processes.
• The projects will be for both external customers and internal baseline technology development.
• The engineer will work closely with the customer and SVTC engineering groups to identify critical unit processes and create product flows that are compatible with SVTC capabilities.
• The engineer is expected to work collaboratively with SVTC resources and the customer in order to establish detailed project plans and deliverables.
Key Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities of this Position:
• 50% Plan, lead and carry out demonstrations of new technology.
• 30% Evaluate new product flows and unit processes to accomplish planned task and document lessons learned and foreground IP per contractual obligations.
• 20% Report the results to the customer, writing summary reports and presentations and selected technical conferences.
• M.S. (PhD preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Photonics, Physics, Applied Physics, or related field.
• Requires 5+ years experience in optoelectronic device fab process development of Silica-on-Silicon or Silicon waveguides e.g. VOAs, AWGs, Splitters etc.
• Requires deep knowledge of optical device design and fab process interactions. Experience & understanding of key fab process parameters and their impact on device performance parameters.
• Requires knowledge and experience in unit processing required for the fabrication of optoelectrical devices i.e. Thin films, Lithography, Etch etc.
• Requires experience in designing experiments to understand relationship between fabrication specifications and device performance.
• Familiarity and background in optoelectronic device simulation is helpful.
• Experience with new product development and introduction is desired.
• Exposure to Optical components’ failure analysis and reliability engineering is a plus.
o strong ownership/responsiveness in a manufacturing environment
o strong technical team direction skills
o strong problem solving skills
o good data analysis/statistics skills
o good oral/written communication skills
• Requires interface with all levels of management within SVTC and equipment supplier organization as well as key managers and directors of specific projects.
For further information, please visit http://www.source4talent.com/s4tjobssvtc/ and click on Job # 1299
SVTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
*Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
SVTC maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. SVTC does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and SVTC will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.