Sr. Manager Quality Assurance
Full-time – Exempt
REQ # 1303
The ideal candidate should have a proven history utilizing quality tools within a collaborative fast paced environment. The chosen candidate must be results oriented and able to operate as a change agent, effectively driving continuous improvement and interfacing with customers.
This position will direct the execution and performance of the company's Quality Management System (QMS) activities based on ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485. The Sr. Manager will provide clear guidance to the overall site by ensuring clear policies, procedures, instructions, forms, and compliance of agreed upon customer specs and contracts.
Enabled through data based decision making, the selected candidate should be adept at developing systems based solutions. If you have a history of success, acquired through teaching and leading, while developing and continuously improving quality business systems, and are energized by diverse opportunities to positively impact a growing high technology company, then we encourage you to apply to this position.
- Support key account management programs, driving resolution of customer issues while driving the Voice of the Customer into improvement initiatives. Form strong partnerships with Fab Operations, Engineering and Program Management departments.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 standards by developing effective audit teams, scheduling and performing audits and subsequently driving effective implementation of Root Cause Corrective Actions.
- Interface for 3rd party audits, supporting planning and follow-up requirements.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives tied to organizational goals.
- Acquire data and translate it into information used to support proactive risk mitigation and corrective action initiatives.
- Support alignment to Best Known Methods through partnership on Quality related inter-site initiatives.
- Support supplier quality and contract manufacturing initiatives designed to mitigate risks and effectively resolve Supplier Corrective Actions.
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Provide this information on a timely basis so that clear future strategy can be mapped and achieved.
· Strong familiarity of requirements associated with the ISO 9001-2008 or TS-16949 and ISO 13485:2003 quality standards.
· Fluent in usage of quality tools such as 8D, DMAIC, process mapping, Ishikawa, CAPA, CAR, SCAR, FMEA, SPC, value stream mapping, auditing etc…
· Familiarity and understanding with Lean Six Sigma desirable.
· Customer and or supplier interface experience along with strong written and presentation skills are required.
· Preferred experienced in the semiconductor, medical device and solar industries
· Experience in automating verity of manual processes and data management to improve the quality information
· Some travel required between San Jose and Austin and occasionally to customer and/or supplier sites.
· 10+ years of experience with Quality, program and project management and strong customer interaction.
· Demonstrable knowledge of Quality in a high tech manufacturing environment with medical device companies
· Strong leadership and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering, business or technical field
For further information, please visit http://www.source4talent.com/s4tjobssvtc/ and click on Job # 1303
SVTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
*Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
SVTC maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. SVTC does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and SVTC will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.